FLEXIBILE TRAINING: Your registration will allow you access to all scheduled Skills Enhancement Courses for 1 year.
Your registration gives you full access to all upcoming *LIVE LECTURE Training Dates.
A class recording is available for those wishing to take this course at their own pace.
Course consist of 4 classes all presented back to back on each course date. Attend all classes in one day or one or two classes per course date to better fit your schedule.
UPCOMING COURSE DATES: 1 Hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks!
- Jan. 30, 2021 (8:30-3:30 Central)
- Mar. 30, 2022 (8:30-3:30 Central)
- Aug. 01, 2022 (8:30-3:30 Central)
- Sept. 13, 2022 (8:30-3:30 Central)
- Oct. 05, 2022 (8:30-3:30 Central)*Live from the Texas 811 Damage Prevention Summit
- Oct. 25, 2022 (8:30-3:30 Central)
Register to attend this class face to face and in person! *see below
SCHEDULE PRIVATE IN PERSON CLASSES FOR YOUR COMPANY >
Subsurface Utility Locator Skills Enhancement Course Outline
Printable course materials, written testing and other training resources will be made accessible from your personal student dashboard.
Instructor Led Virtual Course presented live.
Lesson 1 Damage Prevention Orientation Orientation and Site Marking Communications
This course provides you with an orientation into the shared interest and common ground that we all share in preventing excavation damages from occurring. Excavation site markings are an ongoing conversation in progress on all excavation job sites. Gain a valuable understanding of each site marking placed on site and what the mark is communicating. The practical knowledge you will gain will enable you to read the site markings on any excavation understand the conversation.
Lesson – 2 Locating Theory and Equipment Operations
Participants of this course will gain a valuable understanding of signal wave theory and how it applies to line locating equipment. You will also gain practical knowledge that you can use right away. The course provides a detailed review of each method for applying detectable signals with an EM transmitter. Develop or sharpen your skills for utilizing any signal receiver to search for, pinpoint and trace buried pipes and cables. You will also gain valuable information and techniques for identify and overcome locating problems caused by signal distortion and signal interference
Lesson-3 Locator Safety and Line Locating Key Fundamentals
This course will you through the key fundamental phases of the task or receiving an 811 notification and completing the locating process. The line locating thought process in covered in detail from the time a locator arrives to the jobsite to the planned departure from the site. Emphasis is placed on creating a safe and strategic locating plan for each job. Participants will be able to apply a mental checklist prior to and during the challenge of line locating
Lesson 4 Troubleshooting Problem Locates
This class will prepare you to recognize and react to line locating problems when they occur. This course provides participants with a base of knowledge to recognize when a problem is occurring and the skills to apply corrective actions to gain the desired results. Participants of this course will receive a troubleshooting chart to use in time of need.
Printable course materials and other resources are accessible from your private student dashboard. From your dashboard you can also preview the presentation used for each lesson to better prepare for the class and as a refresher while taking the testing.
Testing and Certifications
You will have the option of online testing. A digital certificate of completion is awarded when you pass. The online testing is divided into specific areas of knowledge. Participants may retake any specific area of testing if needed, after reviewing the materials for that specific testing block. The questions on each specific area of testing are randomly selected from a question pool.
Attend This Course Live and In-Person!
You can also attend this class live, face to face and in person at the following damage prevention events. *Streaming Live
*Jan. 30 , 2022- Baton Rouge- LA - Hosted by the Louisiana 811 Damage Prevention Summit - view details >
- Feb. 08, 2022 - Portland OR - Hosted by Oregon 811 (OUNC) *Oregon Residence Only - view details >
- Feb. 09. 2022 - Portland OR - Hosted by Oregon 811 (OUNC) *Oregon Residence Only view details >
- Feb. 28, 2022 - Phoenix AZ - Hosted by the Global Excavation Safety Conference - view details >
- *Mar. 30, 2022 - Hosted by Tennessee 811 Damage Prevention Summit view details>
- May 10, 2022 - Pendleton OR - Hosted by Oregon 811 (OUNC) *Oregon Residence Only - view details >
- May. 11. 2022 - Pendleton OR - Hosted by Oregon 811 (OUNC) *Oregon Residence Only view details >
-*Aug. 01, 2022 - Rogers, AR - Hosted by AR 811 Damage Prevention Summit view details>
- Sept. 13, 2022 - Perdido Resort-Orange Beach, AL - Hosted by the Alabama 811 Damage Prevention Summit view details >
- *Oct. 05, 2022 - Denton, TX - Hosted by Texas 811 Damage Prevention Summit - view details >
- Oct. 11, 2022 - Medford OR - Hosted by Oregon 811 (OUNC) *Oregon Residence Only - view details >
- Oct. 12. 2022 - Medford OR - Hosted by Oregon 811 (OUNC) *Oregon Residence Only view details >
- Oct. 25, 2022 - Isleta Casino Resort, Albuquerque NM - Hosted by the New Mexico 811 Damage Prevention Summit - view details >
- Nov. 02, 2022 - IP Casino, Biloxi MS - Hosted by MS 811 Damage Prevention Summit - view det